UKEF's mission is to improve quality of education through building a primary and secondary school in Kitgum District, Northern Uganda. The school will provide quality and affordable education to children, empower their communities and contribute to rebuilding the region.
UKEF has five strategic objectives:
1. Building classroom blocks, shelter, latrine and a water well in Lemo West Village, a rural community in Kitgum district. In addition to formal schooling, the proposed school intends to impart self sustainable education and livelihood skills through a comprehensive curriculum and extracurricular school programs.
2. Ensuring that teachers and support staff are available, to smoothly run the school
3. Partnering with the school to improve their capacity to provide adequate teaching and learning resources.
4. Ensuring that individual pupils/students with special needs who would otherwise not be able to attend the school, get some livelihood support.
5. In the long run, the school will serve a symbol of a new era of peace and recovery to the community as they heal from the horror of massive displacement, trauma and life in concentration camps.